Norfolk Lions Club
New Member Sign-Up
The Norfolk Lions Club was started in 1921 and is the oldest and largest civic organization in Norfolk. We have approximately 85 members in all occupations. Our club comes together and shares a common interest in community service, supporting the Lions motto “We Serve.” Lions clubs are recognized for their service to the blind and visually impaired. Lions Clubs International was founded in 1917 and is the world largest service club organization with 1.4 million members in 46,000 clubs in 210 countries and geographical areas.
Over the years, we’ve learned there are so many out there who want to serve their community offering their own skills, kindness, and commitment. If you are one of those people who want to be an active participant in your community through the Norfolk Lions Club, WE WANT YOU!
Here’s some information you may find useful:
- Our membership calendar year goes from July 1 through June 30 every year.
- Annual dues are $100. New members will have an additional one-time initiation fee of $25.
- Meetings are held the first four (4) Wednesdays at 7:00 PM at First Choice Catering. Home-style themed, self-serve meals are available for $9 every night.
- If there’s a 5th Wednesday in a given month and it doesn’t fall on a holiday, there is a social function held at a local establishment. Dinner/drinks available at your own discretion.
- If you’d like to attend one of our meetings to see what it’s like, feel free to reach out to one of our members. We have them listed on the Contacts page here on the website. You can also reach out to us through our Facebook page.
- We coordinate many events throughout the year. Membership requires being part of some of these activities. Don’t worry! We have trained professionals who will always be around to help guide you every step. We highly recommend being part of the annual Pancake Fundraiser, but there are other events you may find that you’d like to be a part of as well.
- Membership dues (and initiation fee) can be paid online, by mail, or in person at a meeting. The first step is to complete the form below.